Friday 3 October 2008

The man with too many 'cross bikes...

And this is the one that I'll be packing up in a bike bag tomorrow for the trip to Iron Cross #6.

Ex-ebay Flam-blue Raleigh Special Products 853 frame*. Deore LX 9-spd transmission / Tiagra levers with a Powerpro triple MTB chainset 46/36/24 (blue anodised to match the frame*). White* Selle Italia C2 gel saddle. Classic ITM Eclypse steel quill stem (these used to be the stem of choice for any self-respecting 'cross racer), 3T bars and Specialized Roubaix padded bar wrap (N.B. this stuff is excellent and well worth the £10 asking price). Fulcrum Racing 7 wheels with Schwalbe Landcruisers and Froggleg brakes (red anodised*).

*Perhaps too much bling factor? - never mind, psychologically it might be worth at least .0001 mph next Sunday.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I like the bike. I think I'll get mine resprayed the same colour; it's in for repairs anyway :)

Barry_H said...

I have a similar bike – I just got it – could you tell me if it’s fillet brazing on the frame? Also any idea of seat post? 26.8???
Thanks!