Thursday 9 October 2008

Iron Cross # 6 - 3 days to go. Live in Pennsylvania




Only 3 days left until the sixth running of YBR's 60 mile Iron Cross in Michaux State Forest, and I'm here in Pennsylvania, wondering where the start might be...

Actually, and for the benfit of Civil War buffs, this is the memorial to General G K Warren on the summit of Little Round Top at Gettysburg. For further FYI - the IC6 start is about 30 miles distant in the blue ridge directly behind Genl. Warren's head. I've been lodging in Gettysburg since Monday evening and will be moving on to my B&B near Michaux tonight. The Raleigh 853 is all set up having arrived safely courtesy of Virgin Atlantic's baggage handlers and has had a couple of excursions onto the local battlefield in the last few days (below).

Given that I'm now moving out of a 'wireless' zone for the race - I'll probably not be back here until after the event - so best of luck to all the Iron Crossers, and see you there.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

best of luck ian

dont forget u r my tour guide next year !!!!!!

Dave Haygarth said...

So...? What happened?