Friday 26 September 2008

2 days to go... Live from Yorkshire

Hardware
I can't decide whether my 'lead' bike should be the 1985 Alan Super Cross with MTB 9-spd triple transmission [1 to 1 low gear] and Spinergy Spox wheels above (super light by my standards - but so whippy it's like riding jelly on springs) or my 2007 Specialized TriCross, again with 9-spd triple 1 to 1 hardware and Fulcrum Racing 7 wheels below (super rigid and directional - but about 2 - 3 lbs heavier). Both sport Schwalbe Landcruiser tyres. Hmmm..... I'll decide on Sunday morning about 09.30 hrs...


My CBRC team mate Chris McBurnie from Albany, Upstate NY, USA has come with this lovely Redline Conquest above, with Redline & Ritchey kit and Maxxis tyres. 36 chainring into 27 block. Very nice and a mid-weight by modern ' Cross standards. I want one.

Weather Report (not the Jazz combo')
The vista today at 13.30hrs across Batty Moor to the Ribblehead Viaduct and Whernside beyond. The weather for Sunday is forecast to be cloudy clearing later, warm (ish) with possible showers at times.

Programme (note: cover in colour for the 1st time)
Finally the Three Peaks 2008 Race Programme, collected from the Pen-y-Ghent Cafe this afternoon - very nice indeed... Jebby in full flow.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Good luck for Sunday Ian!